-->

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Delicious Desserts!



My husband challenged me to make a souffle. I always heard they were hard to make. I found a recipe on epicurious.com that used semi sweet chocolate chips which I had so I went for it. Surprisingly I had all the ingredients, nothing fancy here. I think it ended up tasting more like a fudgy brownie but it was good. My egg whites didn't peak when mixing with sugar so I think I need to work on that part. Also a few days back I tried to make creme brulee, I think this was my second or third attempt. I had gone to Sur La Table downtown for the first time and picked up some pure ground vanilla extract, which is much cheaper than buying the vanilla beans and scraping the seeds out. This time I tried using my larger ramikens after filling up my smaller ones. I think they turned out great especially with the fresh fruit added on top and my husband absolutely went bonkers over them!

No comments: