-->

Friday, July 16, 2010

hey dolly



Yes, another hobby. Well I found this new sculpting clay at the store that claims never to dry out, and it is true. After using Fimo and Sculpty before, I wanted to try something that wouldn't become rock hard after a few days. So I tried to make a face, but because thae clay was so squishy I had a hard time holding and working on it with out leaving imprints and distorting it. Luckily, I found this head I apparently did, hiding in one of my craft drawers. So added the new soft clay to this pre-baked head and was able to work on fashioning a lovely Marie Antoinette-esque wig. I love how it turned out with the curls and beehive. Then when I tried to put it on a cookie sheet to bake I realized it wouldn't stand so I put some shoulders on her. Later I painted it with craft paint and did some accents with brushing on colored pastels.

3 comments:

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

Thank you so much for linking up to the French Obsession! You are quite an artist! Love it!

Kristen said...

This figurine now on sale at my etsy shop! Just $25

http://www.etsy.com/listing/52861243/hand-sculpted-marie-antoinette-figurine

Heather Dixon said...

This is great! Really appealing in a sculpty sort of way.