-->

Saturday, July 10, 2010

purse cake


Here is my first 'sculpted' cake. I watched some tutorials online and figured this would be the easiest way to make a purse. Just a round cake with the bottom sliced off. Then I traced the cake pan to make templates for the fondant pieces I adhered to it. I made the tassel out of gum paste. The makeup is fondant, but I think I will try gum paste next time to hold its shape better.

I wanted to try making a gum paste pump. Since I was a bit low on the gum paste I tried using fondant instead. Probably a big mistake cause it is already cracking a bit. I like the sole cause i mixed brown and white fondant to make that wood effect.

Next I tried to make a fortune cookie. Just cut a round shape from the fondant and fold it a bit. Cute! Now I just need to make a cake to go with it!

No comments: