-->

Friday, August 6, 2010

Miss Alice's Tea Party Mini Cake


I was inspired to do a mini-cake, small is always good for practice with fondant. I started by making the white chocolate cameo candies a day in advance. I was going for a Marie Antoinette French look first. But after covering the spice cake with buttercream and white fondant, I added blue fondant cutouts of hearts and spades and the cake instantly felt 'Alice'. Then I added some fancy piping work, a little messier than planned because my frosting was too runny. I happened to get this cute paper doily the other day with some truffles I had got at a boutique/bakery called 'Dear Lizzie' in Highland, UT. And the dish is from Anthropology, it has two hummingbirds on it. Tres cute.

2 comments:

Mae said...

this is adorable!

Georgia @ simplydirtyprettythings said...

Wow i am speechless at how good you are at making and drawing things. I adore everything on here. The drawing of the Egyptian woman is so perfect. I wish I had artistic talent.