-->

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Snake Cake


This was a different type of cake for me. I was asked to make a snake cake and thought of a coiled up type of cake, then i was asked to make it outstretched with bundt cakes which I thought was a fun idea. So after the three bundt cakes cooled I cut them in half and then pieced them together on two foam core boards cut and taped to size wrapped in silver wrapping paper. I then carved down the tail to a taper with a small knife and then carved the head to a snake head referencing boa constrictor pictures. The cake was to be a bit cartoony. So I thought this was a good opportunity to use a specific piped frosting technique which I had seen online. Just use a large round tip in a piping bag and then smooth out one side with a cleaned off spatula or butter knife. It turned out great for the scales.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Kristen, Thank you so much for the cake. Treyson loved it! You truly are amazing and so talented! Keep up the GREAT work!
-Rachael