-->

Monday, January 19, 2015

Ice Age Scrat Cake



My husband volunteered me to make a cake for his co-worker's anniversary. You can imagine how well that went over. Ha! He said the mascot of the store he works at is a Scrat figurine they have. Well that got my creative juices going so I decided to do the cake. Haha. I made sugar glass for the first time. I've been meaning to do this for a long time but kept putting it off. Well it was pretty easy, the hardest part is waiting for an entire hour for the mixture to get to 300 degrees. I poured it on some crumpled then flattened foil. Now, the directions said to wait an hour then break up an use. Well since it was late I just left it out to dry over night. Probably not the best thing , the foil was well stuck to my glass and had to be peeled off in littlt bits. Anyways, I created the Scrat figurine with rice krispy trreat covered in fondant and did the colors on him with food coloring brushed on. The cake is a new recipe I tried out too, Apple Pie Cake, well his co-workers liked it so I'm happy. Happy as a squirrel with his nuts, that is.


No comments: