-->

Monday, November 30, 2015

UP Gingerbread House

So I decided to enter a donation gingerbread house into the Festival of Trees for the second time this year. The donations are all auctioned off and all the money goes directly to Primary Children's Hospital. I had to sign up months ago and an idea to put on the sign. I had been wanting to try making an UP house for awhile so I thought this would be a perfect design. I found a template online but unfortunately it was missing some pieces and had some extra pieces so I had to improvise a little bit. Some of the roof angles were off and gave me a headache but I pushed though.

The start of my gingerbread house. I used a recipe which didn't call for molasses hence the light coloring. I figured no one be eating this anyways and it would be on display for the holidays.

 Putting on the final touches at home. Kevin and Paul seem to like it. :) I used gum balls for my balloons attached to a round Styrofoam. My husband had the great idea to add in more gum balls by piercing them with toothpicks to give it more dimension. Brilliant!

I had to add a handmade edible Carl and Ellie.

Final product.


Me and my house at the Festival of Trees.




No comments: